California Web Accessibility Conference (CalWAC3)

Re: California Web Accessibility Conference (CalWAC3)

by Brian Foley -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Folks!

I recently returned from the California Web Accessibility Conference (CalWAC3) and thought I would share my experience with you all. The conference was sponsored by The California State University and Cal State University, Long Beach that offered the most comprehensive series of web and IT accessibility. I had the opportunity to network with other professionals who were either part of the CSU system, city college, or Wells Fargo bank. The conference was not specifically for CSU systems - it was open to public. Networking is a really important thing for me and for everyone else like you because it is an opportunity to raise questions, suggest solutions, and/or provide resources to assist professionals in the same field.

Not only that I had the opportunity to network, attending specific sessions was a very good overwhelming experience. Some sessions could have been better while others were worth it! The sessions I have attended were:
Accessibility Policy - development and implementation
Accessibility - What NOT to do
Issues in Online Learning
Accessible Project Management
I will be updating my Resources Page, soon. When you have a moment, please visit the site for full details. Since we maintain our website for MA Ed Tech, there will be resources descriptions of the above sessions and links related to web design and feel the tools will be useful in the long run. Some of you may already have the tools. Below are few useful tools to a get a head start.

Mozilla Firefox Add-ons
ColorZilla - Advanced Eyedropper, ColorPicker, Page Zoomer and other colorful goodies.
Aardvark - A tool for web developers/designers as well as causal users. Visit the site and click on "run the demo" link at the top of the page!

Want to see more resources?! Please visit my Resources Page!

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
Rosemarie, Web Geek